Ok its getting to that time of year when i want summit warm and comforting in my tum. Hows about a nice chunky soup?
This is what i made the other day, it was yummy! Both Pud and my friend had two helpings! *faint*
Ingredients. (These vary depending on what i have at the time 🙂 )
- 2 large leeks sliced into rings.
- 1/2 a large white onion, chopped up.
- 5 medium Potatos quartered.
- a handful of Sprouts peeled and halved.
- 2 spring onions, sliced.
- 1 veggie stock cube.
- herbs and seasoning to taste.
- 6 spoonfuls of no soak Pearl Barley.
- Enough water to cover.
Put all the ingredients in a pan, bring to the boil and cover till the potatos are mashable. Mash it all up and then let simmer for 60 minutes to make sure the Pearl barley is cooked properly. Keep an eye on your water levels-add more as needed, and make sure you stir it now and again as the pearl barley tends to get stuck to the bottom very easily, or maybe thats just my cooking 😉
Is good as is or served with chunky wedges of freshly cooked bread 😀 mmmm!