This will make ya big and strong haha. Well ok it makes your arm ache. Oh for hind sight! Yet another of Dinks ‘make soup out of what you have in the fridge and see what happens’ 🙂
- 1 red pepper, de-seeded and diced.
- 3 spring onions, sliced into rings.
- 1 leek, sliced into rings.
- 2 cloves of garlic, diced.
- 1 large carrot, diced.
- 500g of cherry tomatos, cut into halves.
- 2 tablespoons of dried herbs.
- pepper to taste
- worcesester sauce to give it a kick. Add to taste.
- water …hmm i never measured this but it was about a third, so what i had in the saucepan a third was covered with water 😉
I kind of chopped all the ingredients up and put them in a small saucepan with the water, let it come to the boil and then simmered it till all the veg was soft. Then i spent about 45mins pushing it through a sieve!!! man that makes your arm ache. If i had thought about it i maybe should of used larger tomatos and cooked them on their own? That could of made getting rid of the seeds and skins easier, but anyways i did not have those in my fridge 😉 So yea sieve the whole lot. Now you will throw away quite a bit of skin, but who wants to eat tomato skins anyways eh? You will be left with an almost smooth puree, that tastes almost like the canned stuff but with zero nasties in it…yay! The child and i had it with stacks of bread and butter. Not as filling as my chunky leek and potato soup but just as good!. 🙂